In Mumbai heavy rain: Normal life was thrown out of gear on Sunday as Mumbai reeled under a heavy downpour, even as India Meteorological Department (IMD) predicted the further intensity of rain on Monday and Tuesday.
Mumbai Rains, Weather Forecast Today Highlights:-
- Due to heavy rain, the Mumbai trains are cancelled.
- Several trains have also been cancelled for Monday.
- The weather bulletin of IMD said that intermittent rain or showers with heavy falls at isolated places likely in city and suburbs for the next 24 hours.
- 12 trains were cancelled, and many others were shortly-terminated, diverted, or rescheduled.
- Incoming trains from across Maharashtra and other states were either cancelled.
Severe cases of waterlogging were witnessed in several areas. At least ankle-deep water was reported in areas like Nalasopara, Santacruz, Vasai, Virar, Sion, Kurla, Andheri, Malad and Vile Parle. Local train services took a severe hit and many incoming trains from across Maharashtra and other states were either cancelled or diverted on Sunday. Several trains have also been cancelled for Monday.
Hundreds of passengers were left stranded at the Lokmanya Tilak Terminus (LTT) railway station on Sunday after the Central Railway announced the cancellation and diversion of trains due to the heavy rainfall and waterlogging.
Several passengers were stranded at Mumbai’s Lokmanya Tilak Terminus Sunday night after 12 trains were cancelled, and many others were shortly-terminated, diverted, or rescheduled, following heavy rains in the city. The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) distributed refreshment packages to the stranded passengers.