Benefits of IRCTC agent registration
There is a common question what every agent is asking that “Why should I register with IRCTC as an agent whereas I can book tickets through personal ID?”
So here we discuss why to register for IRCTC agent login as an agent with IRCTC and what are the benefits of registering as an agent with IRCTC.
- Legality :The very first point that you must register with IRCTC as an agent if you are selling the tickets because it is not legal to sell train tickets by using personal user ID. As if we get caught selling tickets using personal user ID then this may lead up to 3 years imprisonment and fine which may extend to ten thousand rupees.
- Unlimited Tickets : As everybody knows that we can book maximum upto 6 tickets in one month using personal ID, but this is not true with agent login, as we can book unlimited number of tickets using agent ID.
- Recognition :Registering with IRCTC as an agent gives you recognition in travel industry, as this can be the first step for any certificate for any travel agent. Many of the travel consolidators get your contact only thought IRCTC database that can offer you other travel services such as air tickets, holiday packages and so on.
- Signage :After registration you can put signage / display board in front of your shop that you are an authorized agent to book railway tickets, this can improve your trust factor in the general public, which again boost your business in other directions also.
- Commission :Service Charges : You must know that IRCTC allows you to collect extra service charges to be collected from the passenger directly and legally. The charges are printed on the ticket copy itself. This again increases your revenue.
So it is not advisable to book the train tickets through personal ID for selling purposes.
Moreover, the IRCTC agency license is not costly as earlier it was.
Agency license cost is as low as Rs 99/-
If you want to know “How to become an IRCTC agent” then you can follow the link.